Wednesday 28 April 2010

Spring has sprung

Well, it really does look as if spring as sprung. Lovely weather for the past few days. I hope that it doesn't unspring again. Not that I've been out much lately. I've been keeping my head down (no, not lying on the sofa) but getting on with writing my novel. I seem to work in fits and spurts. It goes really well for a while, and then I hit a block again (as I've done now).

This is the lull before the storm. From tomorrow onwards for I don't know how long, there'll be workmen all over the place. We're having lots of jobs done on the house, not least fitting a conservatory. I can't wait until it's all finished. I don't like the thought of all the upheaval, and I'm untidy enough without anything adding to the chaos.

I was delighted to see four copies of The Dark Threads in Waterstones, Leeds. The time before when I looked, there was only one, so (yipee!) they must have decided to order some more, which (double yipee!) must mean my books have been selling. The woman standing next to me pulled it off the shelf to read the blurb, and I managed (just) to resist the temptation to tug at her sleeve and say, 'Hey, you must buy that. It's a really good book.'

I'm also thrilled to see a super-dooper review, which you can read here.

And so to bed...

3 comments:

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Oh, you should have told her to buy it...

It must be such a lovely experience to see the book in Waterstones. And congratulaions on the review - am off to read it now.

XX

Karen said...

We're having a new kitchen installed sometime this month, and I'm not looking forward to the upheaval either!

Fantastic review of the book, and lovely to actually see someone with a copy! I hope she bought it :o)

Jean said...

Suzanne - yes, seeing my books in Waterstones makes it all worthwhile.

Karen - We had a new kitchen installed a bit back. Not fun. But lovely when it's finished.